7/24/2005

Xiphophorus


So I'm always fascinated by people who can explain to me some things that are entirely new to me, in a few crisp words, like kids' newspaper headlines, and with respect.

For example, 'Ogg.'

We were sort of market-studying i-pod and the like at Yodobashi, when I got naive enough to ask this engineer how come 'Ogg' mattered to him, and his answer was "Because it's the format that goes with my PC, which runs not with Windows but with so-called Linux." (did I hear it right?)

To general people, he might have used more technical words, but to me, who still sharpens pencils with a knife, I don't believe there would have been better answers than that.

Moreover, I like this "headline" information because of the space it gives to me: if not interested, I can opt to skip to other topics with no bad feeling at all; if interested, I can go on to read further on my own will -I was, and now I know Ogg is an audio compression format that is open, free, and unpatented. What a progress in a day.


何それ?何で?と聞いた私の図太さも凄いですけど
それに簡潔に答えられる文脈力はもっと凄いと思います。

ちなみにOggには
「(あとのことを何も考えず)強引に押進める」って意味もあるらしいです。 
でもまあそういう行動も時には必要よね
(と言うことが既にoggy?)

0 件のコメント: